We're proud to bring you this short interview with Nikolay "Sløøpy" Tsvyatkov, a player of the up-and-coming team Visualize Your Enmity.
Hello Sloopy, would you mind introducing yourself and telling us a bit more about who you are?
- Sløøpy: Hello, I'm an 18 year old League of Legends player from Bulgaria, striving towards reaching a professional status in the near future. I've been playing for almost a year now. I was in OPnis and some other not so known teams before I became a part of the now former-4Kings team, which is now known as VYE.
How did you actually become a part of the former 4Kings team, now part of Visualize Your Enmity?
- Sløøpy: After my last teams got disbanded for various reasons I started searching for a serious team through forums etc. I was contacted by Awesomefusion (our ad carry) in connection my application. At that time 4K was searching for an AP mid player, because they had some issues with their previous one - Baronpanda who left, and after I joined 4K they immediately changed sponsors because they were not satisfied with their current one.
You're going to be heading out to the Insomnia46 tournament tomorrow, what are your expectations and are you nervous?
- Sløøpy: I am a bit nervous because I`ve been to one lan tournament and it was in Bulgaria and it wasn`t something spectacular, so this will be my first big lan event. There are some good teams at the lan, but we've been practising a lot these past few weeks and I think we have a good chance to end up in 1st place.
Which are some of your favoured picks and why? You're a relatively new player in the scene, having reached over 2000 elo within Season 2 only.
- Sløøpy: My most common picks are Ahri, Orianna, Vladimir and Kennen at the moment. I actually picked up Orianna only lately in order to play her at the tournament because she is currently one of the best AP champions. She is relatively hard to play,but with enough practice and persistence u can become beast with her. I had a hard time getting used to Kennen, but when I managed to completely understand him as a champion I wrecked most of the games I played with him. Vladimir is one of my main picks because I have a very high clearing rate with him as far as minions go. My team even calls me "Joopy", which means Jew, because I always take too much of our jungle with him, and our jungler gets annoyed, but he thanks me later on because I'm better in teamfights when I'm fed.
You have a twin brother, is he into gaming and does he play LoL? There have been quite a few twins rocking out in the gaming scene together, is that the case with you two?
- Sløøpy: My brother, Petko "Cavaradøssi" Tsvyatkov, has a similar skill level to mine. The only difference is that I managed to find a good, proper team and he hasn't yet. He mainly plays as an AD Carry, even managed to win lane vs Chaox going 7/0. He is still struggling to find a team ,with no success though, but he's also aiming for going professional.
Being a newcomer to the LoL scene which are your favourite teams? Maybe an all-time idol between the league of legends "behemoths"?
- Sløøpy: Favourite teams are Moscow5, CLG.eu and maybe SK Gaming just because I respect their mid laners for what they have become. Alex_ich - was a normal guy playing LoL trying to go competitve and in Kiev he just exploded. He has consistent play every game, he doesn`t afford himself to fail. Froggen - I can say the same thing for him as I did with Alex. Going from normal guy to "The god of the mid lane" as people call him. As far as Ocelote - even though he wasn't at his top play these past few months, he showed at European Regionals that he is not something less than the other midlaners and I respect him for being so persistent in finding the right team for himself and just playing at a whole new level.
Can you tell us a little bit about your day-to-day life - hobbies, aspirations, do you currently work?
- Sløøpy: I'm a normal guy pretty much. I'm studying in a foreign languages school, most of my free time these last few months has gone towards practising, other than that I mainly go out with friends, playing football and going to the cinema. I played basketball for around 5 years but I broke my arm and stopped. I don't have a job at the moment, I'm focusing on League of Legends.
We wish you and your team the best of luck at the upcoming tournament. Any last words or maybe shoutouts?
- Sløøpy: Thank you. Shoutout to my sponsor and I want to express my gratitude to my friends and family for supporting me.